Saturday, February 11, 2012

Syracuse Supper Swap 2012: There and Back

We just got home from the Syracuse Supper Swap and I couldn't wait to post my pictures. I brought my camera, but left it in the van so I had to use my phone. I am sorry that they are a little blurry.

Syracuse is about a three hour drive from my house. The weather was lightly snowing but the drive was fairly uneventful. This year the parking was much closer to the building that the swap is being held in. That is a good thing because it was about 20 degrees Fahrenheit and windy.

The building can get pretty crowded so we just followed the lines and visited each vendor and table slowly. For me that was good because I got plenty of time to look at the used parts on display. Vendors have everything from rusty old bike parts to unopened new parts and leather, jewelry, clothes, knives, and more for sale. There are motorcycles for show and some for sale. This year there were a few camping trailers for viewing. And all of this with a live rock band on stage.





There was one vendor selling Harley products still in the box. I found braided idle and throttle lines for $10 unopened that I am looking forward to putting on my bike soon. My fiance finally got one of those magnetic bracelets she had been wanting for years. I was able to talk the guy down 15% of his asking price.


About halfway through our tour we felt hungry so we went to the food court. I had a very tasty Ruben and my fiance had a hot dog and cheddar fries. It was a little pricey, but food at these types of things usually are. After we ate we continued our tour of the second half of the building.

Food Court

The Other Side







Led Zepplin Bike

I enjoy this swap meet and would recomend it to anyone looking to get out of the house in the winter to look at some nice custom bikes and other people's used bike parts. I would say that my fiance tolerates it for me, but in reality I know she likes looking at all the biker chick out fits that you can not see in stores. Last year I took our four kids and I dare say they had a good time too. The return ride too was uneventful, but at least I had new ideas and new inspirations to think about on the ride home. And there is something special about knowing you got a deal on something. I hope you enjoy my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment