Sunday, February 5, 2012

Product Review: Road Ready Bags

Today I am doing a review of the Road Ready Bags. Awhile back, 8 months or so, I was looking for a sissy bar bag. My father had just come back from a bike rally in PA and he had bought a sissy bar Barrel Bag from one of the vendors at the rally. I was impressed with the heavy duty canvas that was on the out side and the stiffness of the foam middle layer. So I went online and looked at the other bags they offer. http://www.roadreadybags.com/

The one I chose was a Mini Daytripper. I wanted something to replace my hard side lunch box that was going on 11 years old and would easily attach to the bike. I emailed Road Ready and asked if they would be able to add D rings to the top so I could put a shoulder strap on it for walking at rallies. They did this for me at no added cost. Bonus. The only other information they needed are the dimensions of the sissy bar and pad so they can make the custom size sleeve and straps.

The price was $52.00. Not bad for a custom fitted American made heavy duty bag. I give price a 7 out of 10.

Upon receiving the bag, it came in a box with plenty of filler. Packaging I give an 8 out of 10.

The bag came with instruction on how to care for the bag and the limited lifetime warranty. Instructions I give an 8 out of 10 and the warranty covers the bag for most issues so that gets an 8 out of 10 as well.

The bag is constructed out of heavy duty canvas with what I think is a nylon inside layer and about 1/4" of foam between. The seams are of a heavy thread too. I like the white strip along the top, as it is reflective at night. Construction and materials I give a 9 out of 10.

Attaching it to the sissy bar is relatively easy with two straps and plastic buckles (some variance with other bags). You can attach it facing the rear if you have a passenger or facing forward over the rear seat (this can be nice for bigger bags as it can become a backrest). For installation I give a 8 out of 10.






I have been using this bag every day since I bought it 8 months ago and it has not shown any signs of wear. On long rides, it will keep beverages cold with an ice pack even on very warm days. I am very happy with this product and would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality American made bike bag. Customer satisfaction I give a 9 out of 10.


That makes the grand total score of 8.17. You may wonder why I did not rate the bag higher if I like it so much, I reserve 10 for products the totally blow me away.

Here are photos of my dad's barrel bag.


If you would like for me to review and rate one of your products, you can contact me at budki@roadrunner.com. Please use the title "product review (product)" so I do not think it is spam.

I would like to thank Road Ready for their quick responses to my order quetions and congradulate them on a quality Amaerican Made product.

No comments:

Post a Comment